Old June 17th 04, 12:16 AM
Jim noname

Default Noaa Same radios with warning only?

hello. I was wondering if any of you radio fans could suggest a good noaa
radio for me. I have a midland same radio but its little more than a toy.

The same feature is all hyped up but it does little to filter out unwanted
warnings. I work nights and have been woke up about 5 times this week from
thunderstorm and flash flood watches and I have yet to see a drop of rain.
And yes I do have it programmed correctly for my area.

Also the 9v battery backup on these radios is pathetic. It doesnt last
anytime at all and if its not replaced the screen constantly flashes telling
me I need to.

I've read the oregon scientific radios with same rarely activate properly.
Im going to pull the plug on my radio and put it on ebay. Is there any
radios that you can set for warnings only that are reliable? I thought I
read this might have been possible with the rs units. If not I might just

thanks!