Old July 12th 04, 10:10 PM
Frank346

Alpha tags for channels 816 - 929 are mirrored in channels
014 - 113. It appears that only one byte was used for the
address of the channel number and that covers 256 channels
rather than 300. Channel 816 is the 257th channel and its
tag is wrapping back to the first channel, 000. All channels
up to 929 are affected, with 929 wrapping back to 113.
This affects all version 1.00 firmware PRO-93's.
If channel alpha tags are not entered in channels 816-929
the tags in channels 014-113 are not corrupted.

Firmware can only be upgraded by replacing the CPU or replacing the whole
logic board. Check at your local Radio Shack and ask about the firmware
upgrade program for the PRO-93. They should know about it and be able to
send your radio to a regional repair center for upgrade.

Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:19:16 -0600

Early versions have firmware bug that causes alpha tags to be
duplicated in several banks. Press 3 while the display says
"WELCOME TO DUAL TRUNKING", and it will reveal the firmware
version.

Version 1.0 is the only one affected, the newer ones aren't.

Well I have a version 1.0 and I would really like to know of a list
trouble duplicates. Maybe I could stay away from them. I do know 905
writes over 019 so far. Also is the firmware upgradeable?