Old August 22nd 04, 07:49 PM
Craig Davidson

The balloon was in flight from about 10:45 am until around 12:30pm
yesterday. It reached an altitude of over 82 thousand feet.

Sorry you missed us. Were you listening on 446.0 MHz FM voice? We had
several contacts from Austin to Galveston all the way to the border with
Mexico.

The video signal at the launch site was very strong. they were using ten
element beam antennas mounted on camera tripods. What city were you
listening from? What kind of antenna were you using?? Do you have a
microwave preamp mounted at the antenna to overcome coax losses?

wrote ...
I did try around noon, even though I knew that was probably way too late
since it was the end of the 2 hours transmission.

And of course, all I recieved on that frequency n my ICr3 ham tv
recierver was snow.

Even though it's not a good reciever for such, I think I really am too
far away from those transmitters to pick up anything except snow from
here, even with a good ham tv reciever.