Old August 23rd 04, 01:52 PM
Chris

That might be a possiblity on a trunked radio system Jim, but i'm not
certain. I know that an "ID" is transmitted from the unit on trunked 800
systems, so they would at least know what radio the transmissions came from.

If your hypothetical concerns a typical VHF or UHF type radio, theres no way
i'm aware of to remotely disable it. I work for a large PD and have had HT's
and other radios stolen from us in the past. The jackasses end up playing
around on the air for a while, until the battery goes dead. Then the unit
probably ends up for auction on Ebay....LOL.

Chris