Old August 24th 04, 05:07 AM
Jack Painter

"DodgeVanGogh" wrote

my objective is to be able to check freqs from my pc, while the
scanner is away (say on the other end of the building)
any suggestions, comments, ideas accepted!

Any software-controllable radio (most are) driven with any compatable
software could be remotely controlled from anywhere with:

http://www.symantec.com/pcanywhere/Consumer/

If you are in the same building, on the same LAN, then it's a piece of cake
to use any of the dozen free software radio controls or 30-50 professional
programs that let you control the radios. From power-up to scanning radio
banks or software files, it;'s been done like this for a decade now.

Jack