Old September 1st 04, 03:46 AM
Craig Davidson

Pat Cox wrote in message ...
The packet repeater is operating in FM mode. Next East Coast (USA) pass
is at
1309-1319Z, Sunday morning. Downlink frequency is 145.800 FM. You must
adjust for the doppler shift: start listening up 145.808 then moving
down following the strength of the satellite to 145.795. Satscape is the
best free program to track the satellites on your computer. pcox

If you don't have a satellite prediction program handy than just go to:

http://www.heavens-above.com

and click on "select your location" then select your country and city.

You should then arrive at the "Heavens-Above Main Page"

click on the link that says "Radio amateur satellites - 24 hour predictions
(all passes)" to get one day's worth of predictions.

scroll down the list for the ISS.

I can hear the ISS just fine on a simple quarter wave antenna. However if
you want to use a hand held beam then I recommend the arrow antenna. I have
one. It works great.

http://www.arrowantennas.com/146-437.html

Have fun!

Craig