Old August 29th 04, 01:09 PM
Pat Cox

Default ISS- International Space Station

The packet repeater is operating in FM mode. Next East Coast (USA) pass
is at
1309-1319Z, Sunday morning. Downlink frequency is 145.800 FM. You must
adjust for the doppler shift: start listening up 145.808 then moving
down following the strength of the satellite to 145.795. Satscape is the
best free program to track the satellites on your computer. pcox

Old September 1st 04, 03:46 AM
Craig Davidson

Pat Cox wrote in message ...
The packet repeater is operating in FM mode. Next East Coast (USA) pass
is at
1309-1319Z, Sunday morning. Downlink frequency is 145.800 FM. You must
adjust for the doppler shift: start listening up 145.808 then moving
down following the strength of the satellite to 145.795. Satscape is the
best free program to track the satellites on your computer. pcox

If you don't have a satellite prediction program handy than just go to:

http://www.heavens-above.com

and click on "select your location" then select your country and city.

You should then arrive at the "Heavens-Above Main Page"

click on the link that says "Radio amateur satellites - 24 hour predictions
(all passes)" to get one day's worth of predictions.

scroll down the list for the ISS.

I can hear the ISS just fine on a simple quarter wave antenna. However if
you want to use a hand held beam then I recommend the arrow antenna. I have
one. It works great.

http://www.arrowantennas.com/146-437.html

Have fun!

Craig

Old September 3rd 04, 05:22 PM
FLYFISHING PI

I entered these freqs, and downloaded the program you mentioned. The SATS come
right over my location, but I don't hear anything. Any ideas?

I'm using a Uniden BC785D mobile scanner with a outdoor glass mounted antenna,
and also my PRO-95.

E-mail your replies to

Kevin
Old September 4th 04, 03:48 PM
DougSlug

You will need a telescopic whip antenna on your receiver that you can aim
toward the station as it passes. This is the bare minimum for receiving
anything off a satellite; a fixed vertical base or mobile antenna will not
work. I have often been able to receive signals from satellites using a
whip on a handheld receiver. You have to know the trajectory of the station
during the pass, that is, the azimuth (compass heading relative to your
position on the earth) and elevation (angle above the horizon). The best
results will occur when the pass has a high elevation angle. Set yourself
up to be able to point the antenna in the right direction when the station
is at its peak, and you will definitely receive at least a little bit. For
more practice, try monitoring the AO-51 and AO-27 amateur satellites, too.
There is always a lot of activity on them when they pass over North America.
See this article for some good tips:
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/EchoHT.php. Also check out the
www.amsat.org site for lots of good information.

- Doug

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
Geller Media [email protected] Broadcasting 0 September 19th 03 09:03 PM
FS: Palomar 225 Pack Rat CB 12 September 16th 03 06:43 PM
I also need Diy plans for a 300 watt linear BR549 CB 2 September 16th 03 06:37 PM