Old October 21st 04, 01:24 AM
Nodoze

Been looking into that scanner, as well. I am a trucker looking for a good
travel scanner and this one sounds good, except I am often in a position
where I am parked in an unfamiliar area without freq information and having
to park for 10 hours when I am out of drive time. Leaning more toward the
246 with the near field freq finder feature, thinking it would be more of an
asset when I have no information and can simply search for transmissions
while parked. What do you think? The BCT 8 is nice for travel, yes, but
would be a pain for me to stop and reprogram all the time and have to search
out frequencies. Still undecided here, but will be making a decision soon...

"Jim Hackett" wrote in message
ink.net...
I just got one yesterday. It will make a good travel scanner with it's
various features.
What I was wondering about is: The "demo" software they give you only

lets
you save to bank 1.
I went to Unidens site and couldn't find how to purchase the "uncrippled"
version. No mention of price either. I did a Google search
and didn't find any other software for it either.

--
Jim