Old October 20th 04, 02:39 PM
Jim Hackett

Default Anyone here have a BCT-8?

I just got one yesterday. It will make a good travel scanner with it's
various features.
What I was wondering about is: The "demo" software they give you only lets
you save to bank 1.
I went to Unidens site and couldn't find how to purchase the "uncrippled"
version. No mention of price either. I did a Google search
and didn't find any other software for it either.

--
Jim

Old October 20th 04, 02:59 PM
ScanFan

Check out ARC8 software at www.butelsoftware.com or www.scannermaster.com
first hit in google.com

"Jim Hackett" schreef in bericht
ink.net...

Old October 20th 04, 11:58 PM
michael agner

Also the new version 4.0 of Scan Control includes programming-only
support. Control is, as I understand it, under development.
http://www.scannersoft.com

73s Mike

"ScanFan" wrote in message

Check out ARC8 software at www.butelsoftware.com or www.scannermaster.com
first hit in google.com

"Jim Hackett" schreef in bericht
hlink.net...

Old October 21st 04, 01:24 AM
Nodoze

Been looking into that scanner, as well. I am a trucker looking for a good
travel scanner and this one sounds good, except I am often in a position
where I am parked in an unfamiliar area without freq information and having
to park for 10 hours when I am out of drive time. Leaning more toward the
246 with the near field freq finder feature, thinking it would be more of an
asset when I have no information and can simply search for transmissions
while parked. What do you think? The BCT 8 is nice for travel, yes, but
would be a pain for me to stop and reprogram all the time and have to search
out frequencies. Still undecided here, but will be making a decision soon...

ink.net...

Old October 21st 04, 08:41 PM
michael agner

Actually, you do have several options. Probably the best among them
is to find out if the area(s) you frequent have Yahoo groups associated
with them. Even better would be to select a program or scanner, and ask
if folks have frequency file(s) for the areas you need. That way you
could build a library with hopefully most everything you need - that
way, all you need do is reload when necessary.
With newer software coming out for the BCT8 (namely BuTel's ARC8 and
the most recent version of Scan Control), you now have a couple of
options. There is no support for the 246t-yet. Of course, depending on
where you're going, you might need to get one of the digital
trunktrackers - and even there, the comments I made above still hold true.
Time to do a little more digging. 73s Mike