Old June 30th 03, 10:37 PM
Jack

Default Time to Burn Science Textbooks: MAN AS OLD AS COAL

"Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy)" wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:01:45 GMT, "Brian Denley"
wrote in alt.fan.art-bell:

Evolution is similar. It's a very sucessful theory that has explained much
that was previously unexplained. Even the Pope has admitted it's probable
truth. But more is learned all the time.

Not by everyone.

I think there's a substantive difference between mathematical theories
which can be formally proved through logic and scientific theories
which are considered valid because they explain observed fact and no
facts have yet falsified them. its sometimes said that that all
scientific theories are only provisionally valid, although, obviously
some of them are very well established. still, its always possible
that QM could be falisified tomorrow.

confusing these kinds of proofs only plays into the hands of the
woowoos who wrongly expect mathematical proof for established theories
such as evolution.

FYI, the Catholic Church is not against even human evolution.

that said, I do not believe edconrad has evolved at all.