Old June 30th 03, 10:37 PM
Jack

Default Time to Burn Science Textbooks: MAN AS OLD AS COAL

"Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy)" wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:01:45 GMT, "Brian Denley"
wrote in alt.fan.art-bell:

Evolution is similar. It's a very sucessful theory that has explained much
that was previously unexplained. Even the Pope has admitted it's probable
truth. But more is learned all the time.

Not by everyone.

I think there's a substantive difference between mathematical theories
which can be formally proved through logic and scientific theories
which are considered valid because they explain observed fact and no
facts have yet falsified them. its sometimes said that that all
scientific theories are only provisionally valid, although, obviously
some of them are very well established. still, its always possible
that QM could be falisified tomorrow.

confusing these kinds of proofs only plays into the hands of the
woowoos who wrongly expect mathematical proof for established theories
such as evolution.

FYI, the Catholic Church is not against even human evolution.

that said, I do not believe edconrad has evolved at all.
Old July 13th 03, 04:34 PM

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 05:08:49 GMT, "Neville Lindsay"
wrote:

"Ed Conrad" wrote in message

The theory of the evolution of man is the greatest conspiracy
against truth in the history of science, quite likely in the history
of the world.

When we burn coal, we burn man. Stop burning coal! It is murder!

And I see we have another book-burner. And we know such people are religious
and political nutters and despots.

NL

What does religion have to do with it? Religion and science are both a
farce to keep the sheeple in the dark.Check it out for yourself...if
mommy will let you.
Old July 13th 03, 04:44 PM

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:47:01 GMT, DrPostman
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 02:14:21 -0700, "John Griffin"
wrote:

"Ed Conrad" wrote

The theory of the evolution of man is the greatest conspiracy
against truth in the history of science, quite likely in the history
of the world.

Your attack on science is almost certainly the weakest in
the history of the world. You can't rally any support from
people who're falling down laughing at your idiotic bull****.,
and there's no one else. On the other hand, your display
of nescience is one of the strongest attacks anyone has
ever made on his own credibility.

Even if you found evidence of something new, you wouldn't
be capable of drawing logical inferences from it. Imagine
some crazy ******* thinking he sees the face of the queen
of England in a cloud and shrieking "Butt-ugly women are
as old as water vapor!" That's you, asshole.

I think a scientist ****ed this stupid asshole's wife.

More likely a scientist raped him in jail.

They laughed at Plato,Aristotle,The wrights, Lindberg...et al as well.
Give your head a shake, man has been here millions of years.
Old July 13th 03, 04:57 PM

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:01:45 GMT, "Brian Denley"
wrote:

Not necessarily true. While in the domain of physics, quantum theory has
explained much to us and therefore is a very sucessful theory but no one has
yet called it a law. The Standard Model is another example and is probably
the most sucessful theory of modern times, having held up to intense
scrutiny for decades BUT there may still be something deeper we don't yet
understand.

Evolution is similar. It's a very sucessful theory that has explained much
that was previously unexplained. Even the Pope has admitted it's probable
truth. But more is learned all the time.

Evolution?hahahahahahahahahahaha
Old July 13th 03, 04:58 PM

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:25:29 GMT, "Clave"
wrote:

"Brian Denley" wrote in message
Not necessarily true. While in the domain of physics, quantum theory has
explained much to us and therefore is a very sucessful theory but no one has
yet called it a law. The Standard Model is another example and is probably
the most sucessful theory of modern times, having held up to intense
scrutiny for decades BUT there may still be something deeper we don't yet
understand.

Evolution is similar. It's a very sucessful theory that has explained much
that was previously unexplained. Even the Pope has admitted it's probable
truth. But more is learned all the time.

Apples and orangutans.

That evolution happens is not a theory. The proposed mechanisms that drive it
are theories.

Jim

You mean the bull**** that drives it.

Old July 13th 03, 06:01 PM
nojunk@this_address.com (Mike Pearson

They laughed at Plato,Aristotle,The wrights, Lindberg...et al as well.

Yes, and they *also* laughed at Bozo the Clown and the 3 Stooges.

--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ SeaNAR - The Seattle NAR Section #568

Once upon a time in America there came to be a giant of an organization called the American Radio Relay League (ARRL). KC8QJP General 3 October 11th 04 10:44 AM
Once upon a time in America there came to be a giant of an organization called the American Radio Relay League (ARRL). KC8QJP Policy 3 October 11th 04 10:44 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla General 0 July 22nd 04 12:14 PM
Mark Time SF Audio Awards Jerry Stearns Broadcasting 0 July 14th 04 06:33 AM