Old June 29th 03, 02:18 AM
Robert

"donut" wrote

The 2 best ways to deal with SPAMMERS, flooders, and trolls a filter,
and, most importantly - don't reply to them or talk about them. When you

do
so, you are supplying them with the jollies they seek.

Absolutely correct 99% of the time - in this _particular_ instance,
this might be an attempt at a sort of denial of service attack; at least,
this is the allegation over on alt.privacy.anon-server ; our flooder is
attempting to get as many as people as possible to complain about a handful
of remailers by using them to be disruptive. If enough people complain, this
can at least disrupt the operator's incoming e-mail, and possibly get it
shut down (no big loss as far as I'm concerned, and I'll cheerfully killfile
the replies to this posting that screech about "free" speech in that
regard).
The cross-posting I've seen before I kill-filed most of this was
decidely uncreative in starting a good cross-group flame war and complaint
flood, though, so I'm not certain what exactly is going on. (The plonk-fest
was a good one, though! )
Usenet - it's kinda like driving by a road accident - you can't help
but slow down and look.

---

---