Old July 16th 03, 11:54 AM
Brenda Ann

"WShoots1" wrote in message
This is a late response, but...

If it was Fresh water, let it dry in the sun for a day or so, then

retry it.

Even in just where a breeze can get to it will work. In the low humidity
Mojave, a fan blowing on it should do the trick. Be sure to rotate it now

and
then.

I'd salvaged gear that had been dunked in sal****er, when the boats they

were
in had sank. Immmediately after recovery, though, they were flushed with

much
fresh water and then dried as mentioned by you all.

I even heard of a ham who took a grungy ol' boat anchor to a car wash and

gave
it a thorough soaping and rinsing -- and was successful.

Come to think of it... I saved the motors and other electrical stuff in my
laundry and ham station power supplies, after they was flooded with
contaminated Galveston Bay water back in 1969 (before flood insurance), by
flushing with fresh water and drying.

Bill, K5BY

At one two-way radio shop that I worked at, this was a standard thing we did
with every boat anchor that came in (unless of course they were already
spotless), we drenched them with a mild soap, then rinsed them out with
clean water and sun dried them. Never had a related failure.