Old July 4th 03, 06:59 PM
Jay Mojave

Default Sony 2010 needs repair

Hello All:

I have a Sony 2010 Shortwave Radio, and it had water poured over it, and
and of course quit working.

Any suggestions or a suggested repair place?

Jay in the So Cal Mojave Desert

Old July 4th 03, 09:19 PM
Henry Kolesnik

If you didn't turn it on wet let it dry out in the sun and it should work!
Even if you did turn on it wet, I'd still try a thorough drying
good luck
hank wd5jfr

Old July 4th 03, 09:25 PM
Diverd4777

- If it was Fresh water, let it dry in the sun for a day or so,
then retry it.

www.universal-radio or www.ccrane.com would be my first places to try....

- got too partied up in my youth;
trying to sleep,
freind put on " Orange Blossom Special "
- I got up & poured Water on the amp;

he cursed a bit at me & put the amp in the oven on low...

- worked fine !!!

We both got up at 5:00 A.M & went to work the next day
( REAL bad day at work.. !!! )

Old July 4th 03, 09:48 PM
Radio lots

As long as the water was not *salt* or contaminated
(meaning fresh drinking water) Just pull off the rear
cover and let it sit exposed to the hot sun atop a
table all day long. The sunlight heating should remove
all traces of water. If you want to be real sure, leave
it out in the sun for a second day. Just be SURE to
LET IT COOL to room temp (about 1 hour in an
A/C room) before you turn it on.

Dave
Radio Restorers of Vt

Old July 16th 03, 11:25 AM
WShoots1

This is a late response, but...

If it was Fresh water, let it dry in the sun for a day or so, then retry it.

Even in just where a breeze can get to it will work. In the low humidity
Mojave, a fan blowing on it should do the trick. Be sure to rotate it now and
then.

I'd salvaged gear that had been dunked in sal****er, when the boats they were
in had sank. Immmediately after recovery, though, they were flushed with much
fresh water and then dried as mentioned by you all.

I even heard of a ham who took a grungy ol' boat anchor to a car wash and gave
it a thorough soaping and rinsing -- and was successful.

Come to think of it... I saved the motors and other electrical stuff in my
laundry and ham station power supplies, after they was flooded with
contaminated Galveston Bay water back in 1969 (before flood insurance), by
flushing with fresh water and drying.

Bill, K5BY

Old July 16th 03, 11:54 AM
Brenda Ann

"WShoots1" wrote in message
This is a late response, but...

[...]

At one two-way radio shop that I worked at, this was a standard thing we did
with every boat anchor that came in (unless of course they were already
spotless), we drenched them with a mild soap, then rinsed them out with
clean water and sun dried them. Never had a related failure.

Get FREE Sony Cameras, Portable DVD Player or Sony Vaio K35 ! ! ! [email protected] CB 0 January 12th 05 12:09 AM
FS: Sony 2010 KE2WG Equipment 0 October 4th 03 11:43 AM
FS: Sony 2010 KE2WG Equipment 0 October 4th 03 11:43 AM
WTB Drake SW8 or Sony ICF 2010 Pat Equipment 0 September 15th 03 11:00 PM
WTB Drake SW8 or Sony ICF 2010 Pat Equipment 0 September 15th 03 11:00 PM