Old August 3rd 03, 04:19 PM
Gary

Wayne Watson wrote in message ...
A friend has the Grundig mentioned in the subject, and claims his AM reception is not as good as
simpler and much cheaper AM/FM radios he has. He lives in Long Beach, CA. That's a very heavy
populated part of the world. Any ideas why his AM reception my not be up to par? I asked him to buy
a simple ferrite circular AM radio antenna from Radio Shack. He did and claims it still is weak
reception.

I had this problem when I first purchased my Sat 800. It had the
original 2-prong ac adaptor. When Grundig sent the 3-prong ac
adaptor, reception improved greatly. When using the Terk AM Loop as a
passive antenna, just sitting on top of the Sat 800 in the upper left
corner, reception equals or beats the CCRadio I have. Using the sync
detector, I can listen to KFRC-610 from San Francisco (about 200 miles
from me) clearly on the 800 while it is not even listenable on the
CCRadio.