Old August 2nd 03, 11:04 PM
Wayne Watson

Default AM Portion of Grundig Satellit 800 Millenium Reception

A friend has the Grundig mentioned in the subject, and claims his AM reception is not as good as
simpler and much cheaper AM/FM radios he has. He lives in Long Beach, CA. That's a very heavy
populated part of the world. Any ideas why his AM reception my not be up to par? I asked him to buy
a simple ferrite circular AM radio antenna from Radio Shack. He did and claims it still is weak
reception.

--
Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet, Nevada City, CA)
-- GMT-8 hr std. time, RJ Rcvr

"...those of us alive today have about 625 times more lead in our
blood than people did a century ago." ... "many or our large
corporations are still making it (CFCs) in their plants overseas."
From Bill Bryson's A Brief History of Nearly Everything

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews
Imaginarium Museum: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html

Old August 3rd 03, 02:23 AM
RHF

WW,

Your friend must have a bad GS800M.

Most GS800M Owners report that they get very good AM Reception.

Check-Out "Grundig Satellit 800M" the Non-Comercial "Moderated" eGroup
on YAHOO!

Have your friend check the 'position' of the Whip Antenna
Pre-Amplifier Switch. When listening to AM the Whip Antenna Switch
needs to be in the [WHIP] Position.

~ RHF
..
..
= = = Wayne Watson
= = = wrote in message ...
A friend has the Grundig mentioned in the subject, and claims his AM reception is not as good as
simpler and much cheaper AM/FM radios he has. He lives in Long Beach, CA. That's a very heavy
populated part of the world. Any ideas why his AM reception my not be up to par? I asked him to buy
a simple ferrite circular AM radio antenna from Radio Shack. He did and claims it still is weak
reception.

--
Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet, Nevada City, CA)
-- GMT-8 hr std. time, RJ Rcvr

"...those of us alive today have about 625 times more lead in our
blood than people did a century ago." ... "many or our large
corporations are still making it (CFCs) in their plants overseas."
From Bill Bryson's A Brief History of Nearly Everything

Old August 3rd 03, 04:19 PM
Gary

Wayne Watson wrote in message ...
A friend has the Grundig mentioned in the subject, and claims his AM reception is not as good as
simpler and much cheaper AM/FM radios he has. He lives in Long Beach, CA. That's a very heavy
populated part of the world. Any ideas why his AM reception my not be up to par? I asked him to buy
a simple ferrite circular AM radio antenna from Radio Shack. He did and claims it still is weak
reception.

I had this problem when I first purchased my Sat 800. It had the
original 2-prong ac adaptor. When Grundig sent the 3-prong ac
adaptor, reception improved greatly. When using the Terk AM Loop as a
passive antenna, just sitting on top of the Sat 800 in the upper left
corner, reception equals or beats the CCRadio I have. Using the sync
detector, I can listen to KFRC-610 from San Francisco (about 200 miles
from me) clearly on the 800 while it is not even listenable on the
CCRadio.