Old August 7th 03, 02:51 AM
Buckman Austin

Al Patrick wrote:

I noticed this morning (09:00 EDT / 13:00 UTC) that Rick Wiles again accused others of preaching a prosperity gospel and then went right into his, "Send me your money so God can bless you" part of his speech. :-)

I thought that Wiles came out of TBN because he was tired of that kind
of behavior, but it appears it's in his own blood. I am suspicious of
anyone who regularly claims that, "God told me".

I don't mean to be picking on Rick. He says so much that is true and good.

Wiles, although not a trained broadcaster, does a decent job of reading
news, especially since it's non- mainstream. Even more, he conducts very
good interviews with his various guests. However, it's when he gets into
the "gospel mode" that he starts pitching and begging. That's when he
sounds phony to me and that's when I turn him off. He should either be
one thing or another, but he's only good at one.

snip

I wish Rick well and wish him to be able to do much for the Kingdom of Christ! I do wish he'd be a bit more consistent.

Al

I concur, but as long as he continues to sound and act like the
big-haired people of TBN and other venues, I will always wonder if he's
for real or just another Elmer Gantry.

--
Buck

Wake up, Americans!! Your freedom and liberty are being stolen!
http://www.infowars.com
http://www.seebo.net