Old August 6th 03, 06:44 PM
Al Patrick

Default Rick's "Prosperity Gospel"

I noticed this morning (09:00 EDT / 13:00 UTC) that Rick Wiles again accused others of preaching a prosperity gospel and then went right into his, "Send me your money so God can bless you" part of his speech. :-)

I don't mean to be picking on Rick. He says so much that is true and good.

However, he accuses others of doing something and then IMMEDIATELY does the same thing.

In addition, he finds one so called "Christian Identity" that allegedly does something wrong and then judges all who believe that the "Jews" living in Israel right now *may* not be the Israelites of the Old Testament by that one individual. Suppose we judged all Baptists by the one we read about in the criminal section of the newspaper or the one we see on the post office wanted posters -- or even by Bill Clinton or Jimmie Carter? Suppose we judged all "Jews" by those who favor communism or become spies?

I wish Rick well and wish him to be able to do much for the Kingdom of Christ! I do wish he'd be a bit more consistent.

Al

Old August 7th 03, 01:36 AM
Clete

His remarks about Paster Peters got my interest up...as a result, I'm a
regular listener to Peters......

Old August 7th 03, 02:51 AM
Buckman Austin

Al Patrick wrote:

I noticed this morning (09:00 EDT / 13:00 UTC) that Rick Wiles again accused others of preaching a prosperity gospel and then went right into his, "Send me your money so God can bless you" part of his speech. :-)

I thought that Wiles came out of TBN because he was tired of that kind
of behavior, but it appears it's in his own blood. I am suspicious of
anyone who regularly claims that, "God told me".

I don't mean to be picking on Rick. He says so much that is true and good.

Wiles, although not a trained broadcaster, does a decent job of reading
news, especially since it's non- mainstream. Even more, he conducts very
good interviews with his various guests. However, it's when he gets into
the "gospel mode" that he starts pitching and begging. That's when he
sounds phony to me and that's when I turn him off. He should either be
one thing or another, but he's only good at one.

snip

I wish Rick well and wish him to be able to do much for the Kingdom of Christ! I do wish he'd be a bit more consistent.

Al

I concur, but as long as he continues to sound and act like the
big-haired people of TBN and other venues, I will always wonder if he's
for real or just another Elmer Gantry.

--
Buck

Wake up, Americans!! Your freedom and liberty are being stolen!
http://www.infowars.com
http://www.seebo.net

Old August 7th 03, 02:27 PM
Karl Graff

Hi Al, and any others who might read this,
Long time lurker, grateful to all of you who have gotten me hooked on SWL! I
now use a DX 440 and a DX 375 as my travel radio- my wife can't understand
why...

But I digress...
Al-
"I'm listening to him now. His message is a bit different from what most
are used to hearing and most can't accept it. Of course, most will not
accept what Jesus Christ has to say either. Everyone seems to think of
Him as only LOVE. Can you see Him in the temple with His whip driving
out the money changers? . . . Telling His disciples, "If you don't have
a sword sell your coat and get one!" ? The "sword" of Christ's day was
the same as the falsely called "assault rifle" of today. It was as good
as anyone else had, including the government. "
PK Why then does the "beloved" apostle John quote Jesus as stating that the
mark of one of His disciples is love?(the "new commandment") Why does John
repeat that in 1 John? Why in the Old testament is it that God wants broken
and contrite hearts- not legalists, or avengers.
Are there standards for believers to live by- certainly, John 14:21 says
that obedience to these show the believers love for Jesus. We are also told
not to judge the world, because they are only acting like they ought to,
(1Cor).
He will return as Judge and King!!!
We trust not in chariots or horses (or guns, rifles, dehydrated food, gold,
etc.)but in the Name of the Lord our God!
Jesus also did not defend Himself at the cross but humbly died on our
behalf, forgiving as He was unjustly being executed, and on the way rebuked
Peter for using a sword.
He (Jesus, the Word) is the sword!!!
Don't fruit inspecting and let God judge those outside of Christ. Discern,
but live in God's kingdom, not here.
Jesus gave us two commandments and one commission- Love God above all- love
your neighbor as yourself- and Go make disciples of Christ, not any man or
teacher, regardless of who they are. If any reject you, for His sake, move
on, but do not hate- (sin yes, but not the sinner- that one was created in
His image as well, and Jesus' blood would pay for even the most vile- by our
standards- sin. To God, all sin is sin, and even one separates a person from
Him- unless that sin is washed away by Christ's redeeming work on the cross.

And... what does this have to do with SW radio?

Peace-

Pastor K

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
Clete wrote:

His remarks about Paster Peters got my interest up...as a result, I'm a
regular listener to Peters......

I'm listening to him now. His message is a bit different from what most
are used to hearing and most can't accept it. Of course, most will not
accept what Jesus Christ has to say either. Everyone seems to think of
Him as only LOVE. Can you see Him in the temple with His whip driving
out the money changers? . . . Telling His disciples, "If you don't have
a sword sell your coat and get one!" ? The "sword" of Christ's day was
the same as the falsely called "assault rifle" of today. It was as good
as anyone else had, including the government.

Al

---

Old August 7th 03, 02:57 PM
unreal cheeze

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
I noticed this morning (09:00 EDT / 13:00 UTC) that Rick Wiles
again accused others of preaching a prosperity gospel and
then went right into his, "Send me your money so God can bless you"
part of his speech. :-)

Rick Wiles reminds me alot of Robert Tilton......

Two scam artists who shear money away from xian suckers.