Old August 13th 03, 09:48 AM
Sanjaya

"ku4uv" wrote in message ...
I am trying to mail a QSL card direct to Brazil and was wondering about the
postage requirements for the envelope.

You can take it to the post office and in five minutes have
the correct postage. I do that for any QSL request outside
North America.

By the way, one of the only QSLs I didn't get back was
to Brazil. After I'd mailed it I read that bandits routinely
rob the mail in South America. Even IRCs aren't safe
to send. Don't be surprised if you never get anything
back from this mailing. But if you do, consider yourself
fortunate and cherish that QSL. (My opinion)
I'm sure the long time SWLers here have had more luck
with South America. I only tried that one. It would be
interesting to know their thoughts on it... how many
reports they sent vs. percentage returned with verification.