Old August 12th 03, 11:07 PM
ku4uv

Default QSL postage question

I am trying to mail a QSL card direct to Brazil and was wondering about the
postage requirements for the envelope. Can I just use regular U.S. postage
stamps, or will that not work? Please e-mail me and let me know. Thanks!

73,
Mike KU4UV
Old August 12th 03, 11:12 PM
N8KDV

ku4uv wrote:

I am trying to mail a QSL card direct to Brazil and was wondering about the
postage requirements for the envelope. Can I just use regular U.S. postage
stamps, or will that not work? Please e-mail me and let me know. Thanks!

73,
Mike KU4UV

I think it's .80 for the first ounce. Regular stamps are ok.

Old August 13th 03, 09:48 AM
Sanjaya

"ku4uv" wrote in message ...
I am trying to mail a QSL card direct to Brazil and was wondering about the
postage requirements for the envelope.

You can take it to the post office and in five minutes have
the correct postage. I do that for any QSL request outside
North America.

By the way, one of the only QSLs I didn't get back was
to Brazil. After I'd mailed it I read that bandits routinely
rob the mail in South America. Even IRCs aren't safe
to send. Don't be surprised if you never get anything
back from this mailing. But if you do, consider yourself
fortunate and cherish that QSL. (My opinion)
I'm sure the long time SWLers here have had more luck
with South America. I only tried that one. It would be
interesting to know their thoughts on it... how many
reports they sent vs. percentage returned with verification.

Old August 14th 03, 01:02 AM
R.F. Collins

..80 for air mail under an ounce. I have had no luck from Brazil. I
have received a QSL from Colombia of all places.

Indirectly, I received one from Uruguay. (Her QSL manager was in
Spain). That may be your best bet. Find a South American ham operator
who has a QSL manager in Europe or the US. That way you will usually
get your QSL.

Jim

Interesting question JAMES HAMPTON CB 3 December 7th 04 09:34 AM
Online postage costs worldwide? Odd Erling N. Eriksen General 2 September 15th 04 06:14 PM
Question about sending QSL direct to Brazil Keyboard In The Wilderness General 1 August 10th 03 11:37 PM
Question regarding police tactics and scanners noobie Scanner 0 July 29th 03 12:48 AM