Old August 26th 03, 03:29 PM

John Garrison wrote:
The additional controls make it worthwhile to me, and for that reason I
bought one several years ago. Also the 505 is MUCH smaller, and that made

?? I thought the ATS-505 is very close in size to the ATS-909. The
figures I have a-
ATS-909 8.7" x 5.3" x 1.4"
ATS-505 8.5" x 4.9" x 1.4"
That doesn't seem much different to me.

handling a little difficult, ham fisted as I am. The 909 is compact enough
on its own you see. That said, if I didn't need the extra features of the
909, the 505 would be a good choice. Living in UK as you do, the slight
differences in sensitivity are going to be less critical than it would be
for us over here in US. Selectivity and adjustable RF Gain, on the other
hand would be VERY useful. So the 909 having its bandwidth switch, and
adjustable gain gives it an advantage.

Yes, that's about where I'd go to as well! :-) The question is
whether the extra 'bells and whistles' of the 909 are really worth it
for me.

--
Chris Green )