Old August 29th 03, 08:42 PM
AC Smith

"David" wrote in message m...
Hello all, I was interested in purchasing a shortwave radio and this
particular one seems to be quite popular. I know there is a Grundig Satellit
900 coming out later this year but the prices available on ebay for the 800
are quite appealing. I have never owned a shortwave radio before and had a
few questions:

1. What is the opinion of this group regarding the Grundig Satellit 800?
2. Will I need to add an external antenna?
3. I live in the southern Indiana area so what can I expect to receive?
Europe? South America?
4. How do you know where the stations are and what frequencies they are on?

Thanks,

David

I have had my radio since the beginning of 2002 and have found it to
be an excellent radio.

I will just add that what this thing lacks in portability, it more
than makes up for in ergonomics! Nice big dial, huge readout backlit
that can be read from across the room, and other buttons that are
actually bigger than your fingers.

Yes, it can be moved, but it is big. Start looking right now for
where you would place this monster. No worries about the sound, it
will fill a room easily.

Good luck and like was mentioned above, come join our Satellit 800
group and read the posts. NO holds barred about the radio, the good,
the bad, the ugly. The lovers, the haters and those who don't speak
up!

Good luck,

Adam