Old September 1st 03, 04:00 AM
Dave N

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Here's something really odd --
today I was fiddling with the radio (MW was dead of course) when I
pushed the dial light button firmly and *poof* the MW came back on. I
shook the radio and bumped it around in an attempt to get the MW to cut
out, but it stayed on strong. I pressed the dial light several times,
and switched the band selector back and forth, but nothing seemed to
have any effect on the MW (it stayed on). I then turned the radio off
for about 10 minutes, and when I turned it back on the MW was dead
again. I pressed the dial light button a couple of times, and the MW
returned! I've repeated this dial light "fix" several times throughout
the day.

OK, I'm no radio expert, but how could a dial light effect one band like
this? Better yet, how can I fix or track down the problem? Any more
thoughts are appreciated.

Dave.