Old September 5th 03, 01:12 AM
Clete

From how you described the sound, it reminds of a similar problem I
had....It turned out to be the "smart" charger for my cell phone that was
plugged into the cigarette lighter in my vehicle outside. It wouldn't do it
all the time, just every few minutes.

Clete

Warpcore wrote in message ...
I am wondering if local interference that has just started is from
broadband.

The last time I started having new interference like this all up and down
the bands, it came from a component stereo system and tv, so I have
everything on a switch so I can turn all that off. I even turned off my
answering machine-cordless phone. It creates an intermittent whining or
howling noise that almost sounds like cw.

My antenna system in dorectional. When I use the pair of short vertical
wires, the noise is lessened; using the horizontal pairs, it is really

loud.
The interference seems to begin around 13 Mhz and continues in various
places on the bands through 15 Mhz. At higher frequencies, it seems to
disappear. I have similar problems with the electrical meters which
interferes on 4.0 through 4.8 or so.

Is it possible to have that much interference from wireless computer

systems
or powerline networked PC's.

Concerned in Issaquah, Wa.

BTW lots of "risers" this morning.