Old September 12th 03, 01:28 AM
RHF

TB,

FWIW: If you have an outside Antenna,

IMHO: Then you need an outside Ground.

TIP: Put as "Much" Planning, Time, Money and Effort in to your
Grounding System as your Antenna System.

iane ~ RHF
..
..
OBTW: A copy of this Question and Reply are being Posted on the
- - - SWL Antennas and AM & FM-Antennas eGroup on YAHOO!
..
..
= = = (TommyBoy)
= = = wrote in message . com...
I'm going to build some static protection for my outside wires and I
was wondering about what kind of ground is required. These are just
random wires that that will be connected to my antenna switcher which
then connects to the push-connecter of my R75. No coax.

Can I use the house's electrical ground (i.e. the ground from a nearby
outlet) or do I need to pound copper? Would using the ground from the
outlet introduce noise or any other problems?

BTW, I'm using as my model the simple neon bulb, resistor, capacitor
schematic that I found on hard-core-dx .

Thanks!