Old September 13th 03, 02:16 AM
--exray--

WShoots1 wrote:
I guess I'm 75% wrong regarding the recon aircraft. From the latest report on
H. Isabel:

...AIR FORCE RESERVE AND NOAA HURRICANE HUNTERS CONFIRM THAT ISABEL IS A
CATEGORY FIVE HURRICANE...

I guess the NOAA aircraft are back. I assume they returned after a stand down
from a possibleUS conflict with North Korea.

Too, it's the AFR not the ANG that's out there. I wonder, though, why two
agencies are doing recon? Hmm...

Bill, K5BY

Beats me. As you probably know Super Typhoon Maemi WAS bearing down on
Japan and Korea with 230 mph winds (a few days ago) that would make
Isabelle seem like a breezy day. I don't know if they shuffle resources
to that degree or not but I'd think the Pacific area has their own
planes based out of Guam or something???
I don't know this to be 100% true but my understanding that here in the
Caribbean the ANG/AFR guys based in Puerto Rico help out the Hurricane
Hunter folk who have to come all the way from Florida.

-Bill, WX4A