Old September 17th 03, 08:22 PM
MrTimNebo

sounds like ship to ship comms

For the past several nights I have heard strange tranmissions on
8.272MHz USB starting around 0500z. No call signs given (at least not
in English). I am not a language guru, but it sounds middle eastern
yet they sometimes say numbers in english. The other night, someone
was reading news headlines in English but with a middle eastern
accent. Each news headline was followed by the word break.

Anyone else heard them??? It's kind of odd that with my humble
equipment in North Alabama, that I hear non-broadcast foreign language
stuff out of standard bands. Especially USB.
At times multiple people can be heard. They sure love to say 'Break,
Break".

Cheers and 73's,
H Johnson

===