Old September 16th 03, 06:55 AM
H Johnson

Default What's this on 8.272MHz???

For the past several nights I have heard strange tranmissions on
8.272MHz USB starting around 0500z. No call signs given (at least not
in English). I am not a language guru, but it sounds middle eastern
yet they sometimes say numbers in english. The other night, someone
was reading news headlines in English but with a middle eastern
accent. Each news headline was followed by the word break.

Anyone else heard them??? It's kind of odd that with my humble
equipment in North Alabama, that I hear non-broadcast foreign language
stuff out of standard bands. Especially USB.
At times multiple people can be heard. They sure love to say 'Break,
Break".

Cheers and 73's,
H Johnson

H Johnson
KG4WOU
Member of the Madison County ARES,
Huntsville-Madison County EMA RACES,
and SKYWARN/NALWARN
Kenwood TM-733A, FT-50R
Sangean ATS909 w/wires
*** Un-key the mic to reply via e-mail ***