Old September 27th 03, 01:37 AM
mike

On 26 Sep 2003 23:06:25 GMT, (Diverd4777) wrote:

I have noticed that, on the SONY 7600G, the tone was significantly better than
on another set ( Icom R-75)
- My guess is that sony spent 25 cents extra on circuitry to improve sound . .

I have the 7600GR and its not too bad. This summer I used it outside
as a work radio when painting a barn. Not stellar audio, but beats the
tinnyness of a pocket transistor radio and offers quality content
versus local FM (which it picks up too and sounds great).

A set of powered speakers with a subwoofer can fix just about any
undersized speaker (albiet at nearly the cost of the radio).

mike