Old October 1st 03, 05:24 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Hell, people are already "war chalking" in similar form with wireless
networking. I have even seen a device being sold in the last Sunday
newpaper, from one of the major retailers, a device for detecting wireless
network access points, and it was only in the $20-30 price range. Almost
like it is encouraging the practice.

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)

Beside the obvious privacy issue, I've been wondering if BPL will be

another
security burden on the whole internet. It looks like it might be a code
cracker's playground, what with the network going all around, to the

every
outlet in an area, to both subscribers and non subscribers. Could the
truely malicious do their damage from a non-subscribing home? I don't

know,
I don't really know anything about networking.

Frank Dresser

This is something to consider. It might very well be possible if someone

is
clever enough. And sooner or later someone will be.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE