Old October 2nd 03, 10:12 PM
Soames123

Subject: Could we get some help on this (OT)
From: "Warpcore"
Date: 10/2/2003 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time

I ride a bike because I am unemployed and can't afford a car. I have always
been told people get ****ed because I ride on the sidewalk and should be
riding in the street.

It is getting bad on the road because people and bicycles do not count as
anything significant in the minds of drivers. While drivers must drive
defensively, bicyclists and pedestrians need to be twice as vigilant and
clairvoyant because of the drivers . I find that being extra patient and
non-territorial keeps me pretty safe. I have to say also, that some
bicyclists use very little of their grey matter sometimes. This is
especially so with the very young who dare someone to say anything to them
about darting in and out of traffic as if the angels were riding right
behind them.

The first thing that needs to happen is that law enforcement needs to
educate drivers, pedestrians and bicyclists about their rights and
responsibilities on the road.

I would fully support having the men-in-black come over to that station,
kicking down the door, cuffing the moron and dragging him off to prison for
the rest of his life without trial or kto lose his life just as suddenly,
and to disappear forever.

Oh I DO know that feeling;
No Dough,
& no where to go..

Use lots of lights . and 2 way mirrors.
Round these parts, they have signs
" Share The Road"
With pictures of Bicycles.
- So, get involved locally. You've got some time.

Go down to the police station. make an appointment with the cops who patrol the
area you ride.
Practice what your' gonna say, or write it down & rehearse it.

Go talk to the mayor. The local representative. Go down to the local Bike shops
with nicely worded petitions.
Go out & get them signed.
Go to PTA groups, preach Bike Saftey..Take the petitions there too..
Ask for signatures.
Bring them to the police, Mayor, representative, etc.
Work with the guys in Traffic Saftey.
Contact AAA. See if you can get
" Share The rad" signs put up. Or Bicycle Logos put on the pavement. Or events
with local bicycle clubs..
& then, if you get your face in enough places, & show you're Just MADE of work,

- then MAYBE someone'll give you a job !