Old October 11th 03, 10:45 AM
justemoi

On 11 Oct 2003 06:06:30 GMT, (WShoots1) wrote:

Come to think of it, the past several days, I've heard one or two other
stations on 12.172 besides WWRB. I tune to 9.320, instead, for cleaner albeit
weaker copy.

Bill, K5BY

The "other" signal was definitely WWRB. It sounded like a snaky mimer
of Alex Jones acting like a smart alec or should I say a "smart
Alex".....

I have 9.320 saved in memory [1], 12.172 memory [2] and
12.160 memory [3]

I didn't think at the time to try 9.320. It's usually flaky and
doesn't like the computer or television signal coming from
the far living room corner. The front part of the cottage where I
live is a combination of kitchen and living room.

My DX-392 is on top of the fridge. I have moved it around to try to
improve 9.320, but the comp/tv problem remains. 9.850 is the
same especially between 8 and 9 am EST. From 9-11 am
9.850 comes in clear as a bell.

These two frequencies seem to be the only ones bothered by the
computer and tv. I've tried turning them both off to improve reception
of SSB amateur radio between 3.700 to 3.900 after dark, but there
is no change. I like to multi task (literally) keeping the news or
weather channel on muted and the Internet connected downloading
or browsing at will.

I have a "Sanyo" dual cassette/am/fm/sw1/sw2 in my bedroom which hates
the close proximity of 12.160 and 12.172 and it is really hard to
tune. The tuner pointer is off by a mile. I have to have the DX-392
pre-tuned to find the same frequency on the Sanyo. The digital tuner
on the DX-392 is a real blessing.

{0
)
{0