Old October 14th 03, 01:15 AM
Burr

Hey Frank,
Where are you when your needed??????

Burr

BlabittyBlahBlah wrote:

Burr burrped:

Morning Wonderful List,
Is the new YB550pe a good radio?

For a $100 it may be a nice radio for ball games and to take to the

tract!

I don't know squat about the YB550pe, but the Collins R390A is a fantastic
radio, very sensitive and selective. For ball games, I suggest you look into
buying a TV, or maybe participating in a ball game yourself. I find that a
National HRO-500 is best suited for use at the race track, since its big tuning
knob is easy to use even when you're drunk as a skunk. About 300 feet of wire
wrapped around your body makes a great portable antenna, and really attracts
attention at those airport security checkpoints. Just be sure to bathe and
change your underwear daily, and call your mother, will ya?

I hope my contribution answered your question about the YB500pe.