Old October 13th 03, 03:34 PM
Burr

Default Is This

Morning Wonderful List,
Is the new YB550pe a good radio?

For a $100 it may be a nice radio for ball games and to take
to the tract!

Old October 13th 03, 09:14 PM
BlabittyBlahBlah

Burr burrped:

Morning Wonderful List,
Is the new YB550pe a good radio?

For a $100 it may be a nice radio for ball games and to take to the

tract!

I don't know squat about the YB550pe, but the Collins R390A is a fantastic
radio, very sensitive and selective. For ball games, I suggest you look into
buying a TV, or maybe participating in a ball game yourself. I find that a
National HRO-500 is best suited for use at the race track, since its big tuning
knob is easy to use even when you're drunk as a skunk. About 300 feet of wire
wrapped around your body makes a great portable antenna, and really attracts
attention at those airport security checkpoints. Just be sure to bathe and
change your underwear daily, and call your mother, will ya?

I hope my contribution answered your question about the YB500pe.
Old October 14th 03, 01:15 AM
Burr

Hey Frank,
Where are you when your needed??????

Burr

Old October 14th 03, 01:43 AM
Frank Dresser

"Burr" wrote in message
Hey Frank,
Where are you when your needed??????

Burr

Sorry. I'm waiting for my dollar:

"Don't you wish you had a dollar for every time you read a stupid reply to a
poster's question, like the following typical example?"

Frank Dresser

Old October 14th 03, 04:39 AM
Burr

Dollar's in the mail!!!

Thanks.

You know that's the guy/person we were fooling with the other
night!!!

Old October 14th 03, 12:21 PM
Frank Dresser

"Burr" wrote in message
Dollar's in the mail!!!

Thanks.

Great! It's about time everybody in RRS gets a dollar for every silly post
they read! And I'll do my best to keep writing my share of silly posts.

You know that's the guy/person we were fooling with the other
night!!!

Yes, and I appriciate his effort. And if more of us can match the silly
post output of the multi-named troll from google groups, we'll all get
rich!!

Frank Dresser

Old October 14th 03, 03:40 PM
Burr

Life's Wonderful!

I'm still interested in the new radio if it will fit in my
pocket so I can take it with me.

Old October 14th 03, 04:18 PM
Frank Dresser

"Burr" wrote in message
Life's Wonderful!

I'm still interested in the new radio if it will fit in my
pocket so I can take it with me.

I'm pretty sure my Hallicrafters SX-62 won't fit in any of my pockets, but
it sure sounds nice!

Oh, there's this:

" At 4 1/2" W x 6 1/2" H x 1 1/2" D and only 10 ounces, the Yacht Boy
550PE
is available at select national retailers for $99.95."

That's from:

http://www.newswire.ca/releases/Sept.../29/c5756.html

Frank Dresser

Old October 15th 03, 05:34 AM
Burr

Maybe by the time I get ready to buy it someone have
something to say about it.

Nice weather in "wonderful" southern California tonight,
it's cold. May get down to 55.
Got to go to Houston tomorrow.