Old October 18th 03, 02:40 AM
RedOctober90

"Dr. Artaud" wrote in message ...
"patgkz" wrote in news:z7Qjb.36071$%C5.33459
@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com:

Heard the same the other night, after perhaps 01:00 UTC. Frequency 12.160,
in the radio memory, and came across it while going through various memory
locations. There is not usually any broadcasts on 12.160 at that time, or
at least that I hear, and when I came across it I paused to listen. Exactly
the same as you described. Sounded over-modulated. I was unable to resolve
the signal any better with filters on/off, NR on/off, or SSB on USB/LSB.
Interesting.

Horribly distorted audio with hum and noise.

Female spanish - speaking numbers station LSB 3.24510MHZ at 1110Z

Guess they're still alive and well.

Pat, Green Bay WI
WPE9JRL

This partitcular sttion is known for it's bad transmitting quality.
Frequently there are problems.. sometimes they stop the numbers and
the "tape" rewinds and plays again. Or on one rare occasion, the ops
must of accidently let the mic open because I heard two Spanish guys
in the background talking and a noticable "echo" was apparrent like it
was indoors in the transmission studio. This was before the actual
numbers begun, the station usually turns on as a blank carrier for
like 5 minutes before it begins.