Old October 17th 03, 12:14 PM
patgkz

Default Wierd Distorted Numbers Station

Horribly distorted audio with hum and noise.

Female spanish - speaking numbers station LSB 3.24510MHZ at 1110Z

Guess they're still alive and well.

Pat, Green Bay WI
WPE9JRL

Old October 17th 03, 07:32 PM
RedOctober90

"patgkz" wrote in message ...
Horribly distorted audio with hum and noise.

Female spanish - speaking numbers station LSB 3.24510MHZ at 1110Z

Guess they're still alive and well.

Pat, Green Bay WI
WPE9JRL

I never heard it on that frequency before, I'll have to add it to my
schedule of that particular station. It is a Cuban numbers station
possibly beaming the "material" into the US for Cuban operatives
active in the US.
Old October 17th 03, 10:40 PM
Dr. Artaud

"patgkz" wrote in news:z7Qjb.36071$%C5.33459
@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com:

Heard the same the other night, after perhaps 01:00 UTC. Frequency 12.160,
in the radio memory, and came across it while going through various memory
locations. There is not usually any broadcasts on 12.160 at that time, or
at least that I hear, and when I came across it I paused to listen. Exactly
the same as you described. Sounded over-modulated. I was unable to resolve
the signal any better with filters on/off, NR on/off, or SSB on USB/LSB.
Interesting.

Old October 18th 03, 02:40 AM
RedOctober90

"Dr. Artaud" wrote in message ...
"patgkz" wrote in news:z7Qjb.36071$%C5.33459
@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com:

Heard the same the other night, after perhaps 01:00 UTC. Frequency 12.160,
in the radio memory, and came across it while going through various memory
locations. There is not usually any broadcasts on 12.160 at that time, or
at least that I hear, and when I came across it I paused to listen. Exactly
the same as you described. Sounded over-modulated. I was unable to resolve
the signal any better with filters on/off, NR on/off, or SSB on USB/LSB.
Interesting.

Horribly distorted audio with hum and noise.

Female spanish - speaking numbers station LSB 3.24510MHZ at 1110Z

Guess they're still alive and well.

Pat, Green Bay WI
WPE9JRL

This partitcular sttion is known for it's bad transmitting quality.
Frequently there are problems.. sometimes they stop the numbers and
the "tape" rewinds and plays again. Or on one rare occasion, the ops
must of accidently let the mic open because I heard two Spanish guys
in the background talking and a noticable "echo" was apparrent like it
was indoors in the transmission studio. This was before the actual
numbers begun, the station usually turns on as a blank carrier for
like 5 minutes before it begins.
Old October 18th 03, 10:53 PM
jmm

http://www.cvni.net/radio/skeds/output/V02.current.txt

Reliability ratings explained :

A : has been logged at least twice in the last 30 days
B : has been logged at least twice in the 30-60 days range
C : has been logged at least twice in the 60-90 days range
D : has been logged at least twice in the 90-120 days range
X : has been logged once in the last 30 days and not before
(possible new schedule - to be confirmed)
Z : has been logged only once in the 30-120 days range

Dates are counted from last known log as shown in the header

Old October 20th 03, 02:01 PM
Tom Sevart

"patgkz" wrote in message
Horribly distorted audio with hum and noise.

Female spanish - speaking numbers station LSB 3.24510MHZ at 1110Z

Guess they're still alive and well.

The Cuban stations are frequently like that. It's really interesting when
they mix Radio Habana Cuba programming in with the numbers msgs.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

http://www.geocities.com/n2uhc

Old October 20th 03, 08:07 PM
RedOctober90

"Tom Sevart" wrote in message ...
"patgkz" wrote in message
Horribly distorted audio with hum and noise.

Female spanish - speaking numbers station LSB 3.24510MHZ at 1110Z

Guess they're still alive and well.

The Cuban stations are frequently like that. It's really interesting when
they mix Radio Habana Cuba programming in with the numbers msgs.

I've personally never heard that before.....
Old October 20th 03, 08:56 PM
Tom Sevart

"RedOctober90" wrote in message
om...

The Cuban stations are frequently like that. It's really interesting

when
they mix Radio Habana Cuba programming in with the numbers msgs.

I've personally never heard that before.....

I've got a couple recordings from a few years back when they were having a
spell of bad problems mixing the two.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

http://www.geocities.com/n2uhc

WMLT radio station celebrates 60 years Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 5th 05 05:43 PM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
FS: Palomar 225 Pack Rat CB 12 September 16th 03 06:43 PM
I also need Diy plans for a 300 watt linear BR549 CB 2 September 16th 03 06:37 PM