Old October 28th 03, 03:16 AM
Frank Dresser

"Diverd4777" wrote in message
Thanks Frank..

- Guess I'll get the main ferrite loop to work first, then try the

long leads &
the coils.
retuning it with 1, 2,4 then 8 foot lengths to see what obtains..

I guess Very Very thin copper wire would introduce the least

capacitance ??

Dan

Thin wire would introduce the least capacitance, but there won't be much
difference with reasonably spaced turns. The capacitance goes down
quickly with spacing, and there's really not much spacing difference
between very fine and fine wire if you wind maybe 12 turns per inch or
so. That's not a magic number or anything, just wind, test and adjust.

Frank Dresser