Old June 12th 04, 12:33 PM
jason

Default Making 2.4GHz antenna more directional

Making it more directional would require something to become like a beam.
The only other thing you could do is similar to the effect of a corner
reflector. A big piece of foil curved around, but god knows what the SWR or
radiation pattern would be.
Do you just need to block the signal from going in one direction, like
through a wall/window and into the house etc?
It wouldn't really stop people sniffing or watchign what you're up to as
that particular system is very insecure, even with WEP. Stick to good old
wires!

"Nige" wrote in message
I'm sure this has been asked before on this group, but I can't find it
on my news server. I've got a Wi-Fi 802.11g wireless access point that
I'd like to alter the coverage of.

Has anyone any experience of making 2.4GHz antenna more directional? I
need about 90 degrees, rather than 360. I've seen the "Pringles" DIY
projects, but they are all to produce a beam.

I was thinking of a tin cut in half lengthways, any thoughts?

73 G1NDM (no longer active)

--
Nige

Please replace YYYY with the current year

---