Old October 29th 03, 04:20 AM
Dave

Hey Jim,

I listen to the BBC from 6:00 pm (central) until midnight (5:00 daylight
savings time) nearly every night at 5975 kHz. Ocassionally pick it up
elsewhere when that freq is not coming through, but that's rare. And I am
in Houston, listening on a RS DX-402 (Sangean ATS 505, I think.) with
nothing more than the built-in whip. I also pick up Voice of Russia on 7180
kHz (I think) pretty routinely too. I am in a house though, not having to
deal with concrete etc, which I am sure helps.

Dave

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
I love my DX-398 except the amount of work to find a station to listen to,
and keep it for 30 + minutes. I would love to listen to BBC for an hour. I
have 50' longwire antenna outside as high as possible. I have all the

books
that tell you when to listen, etc.

Any suggestions, should I be looking at a more capable receiver? If so I

am
open to recommendations?

Thanks,

Jim Douglas