Old October 31st 03, 04:27 AM
Caribbean Listener

I suppose the 5975 and 12095 freq refer to the BBC. Yes, the Beeb
comes in clear here each evening on 5975. In fact, after it was
suppose to go off the air to North America I was confused for several
weeks because the signal was still strong. The 25mb band freq doesn't
come in as strong though.

As to "what we are hearing in Puerto Rico" on medium wave: I refrained
from posting any AM logs because I don't do much BCB Dxing but what I
can tell you is that most of the medium wave stations we get are from
the USVI and Venezuela. Surprisingly, not much from the neighboring DR
at my QTH in San Juan. During the hurricane season, when a storm is
approaching, it's always best to tune to the other islands.

Caribbean Broadcating Corp. 900 kHz from Barbados and ZBVI in Tortola,
780 kHz come in pretty clear.

And I will tell you that my FM tuner on my stereo with a dipole picks
up WVIQ 99.5 FM from St. Thomas. It's really the only all English
station we get on FM. It comes in as strong as any local station. The
only English station in PR is WOSO-AM.

Of the course, the further east you go in the island the better chance
you have of picking up more island stations.

I'll try to post more loggings in the coming weeks. Thanks for your
comments.