Old October 30th 03, 01:46 PM
Caribbean Listener

Default What we're hearing in Puerto Rico

ARGENTINA RAE 11710 kHz Oct. 29 2330 UTC SS Relay of Sunday
programme of Radio Nacional, tangos, advertisements for restuarant
with phone numbers, IDs. SIO 544

BRAZIL Radio Amazonas 11740 kHz Oct. 28 2200-0045 UTC PP nx, mx,
IDS, and px on women. Signal strong every evening here. SIO 444

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC HIJQ La Super Q 4959.8 kHz Oct. 28 0550 UTC SS
Music px with bachatta mx and pre-Navidad (Christmas) celebration. SIO
444

FRENCH GUIANA RFO 5055 kHz Oct. 29 0545 UTC FF Programme of mx, nx
and IDS. SIO 433

WESTERN SAHARA La Voz del Saharaui Democratica 7460 kHz 2230 AA &
SS. Oct. 29 Arabic mx with full id in SS at 2300 following American
pop mx from the 1980s and 1990s. News about Spanish attempts to derail
the referendum. SIO 343
Old October 30th 03, 08:58 PM
Tony Meloche

Caribbean Listener wrote:

(snip)

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC HIJQ La Super Q 4959.8 kHz Oct. 28 0550 UTC SS
Music px with bachatta mx and pre-Navidad (Christmas) celebration. SIO
444

The evening before, on the 27th, I logged Radio Cima (HIJQ) from the
DR here in Michigan for the first time (4960kHz, 1000 watts). My wife
and I vacationed in the DR two years ago, and I have very fond memories
of it. Appreciate your post!

Tony

Old October 31st 03, 04:27 AM
Caribbean Listener

I suppose the 5975 and 12095 freq refer to the BBC. Yes, the Beeb
comes in clear here each evening on 5975. In fact, after it was
suppose to go off the air to North America I was confused for several
weeks because the signal was still strong. The 25mb band freq doesn't
come in as strong though.

As to "what we are hearing in Puerto Rico" on medium wave: I refrained
from posting any AM logs because I don't do much BCB Dxing but what I
can tell you is that most of the medium wave stations we get are from
the USVI and Venezuela. Surprisingly, not much from the neighboring DR
at my QTH in San Juan. During the hurricane season, when a storm is
approaching, it's always best to tune to the other islands.

Caribbean Broadcating Corp. 900 kHz from Barbados and ZBVI in Tortola,
780 kHz come in pretty clear.

And I will tell you that my FM tuner on my stereo with a dipole picks
up WVIQ 99.5 FM from St. Thomas. It's really the only all English
station we get on FM. It comes in as strong as any local station. The
only English station in PR is WOSO-AM.

Of the course, the further east you go in the island the better chance
you have of picking up more island stations.

I'll try to post more loggings in the coming weeks. Thanks for your
comments.
Old November 1st 03, 04:13 AM
grumpus

(Caribbean Listener) wrote in message om...

Hey Carribean Listener, good post! Look forward to more of your logs,
especially details about any of the English language broadcasts you
can hear in the region.

Regards,

Grumpus

Peaked and Tuned Dan CB 108 May 15th 04 03:48 PM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
Hearing Aids/ RF Emmissions Bill Brannick Equipment 14 April 25th 04 05:22 AM
Hearing Aids/ RF Emmissions Bill Brannick Equipment 0 April 16th 04 10:47 PM
Hearing ESPN Deportes on 6.03 MHz Jeff Seale Shortwave 1 October 12th 03 06:12 PM