Old November 1st 03, 12:33 PM
Mark Keith

Doug Smith W9WI wrote in message ...
Mark Keith wrote:
Tom Randy wrote in message ...

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:58:17 -0500, starman wrote:

6 was supposed to be open a bit last night, all I heard when I checked was
a beacon, K2ZD/B. I heard it from the Hudson Valley of N.Y.

It finally opened up half decent here last night. "Houston". Heard a
few Hawaii stations. Quite a few stateside also. But the long haul
stuff seemed to be doing the best. The KH6's were blasting thru fairly
well. MK

Hawaiians were reported strong on 50MHz as close to me as Memphis -
unfortunately I was at work at the time!

Channel 2 TV from Honolulu was definitely logged in Vancouver. There is
evidence to suggest the same station was seen in Shreveport and the
Lower Rio Grande Valley in extreme south Texas.

Propagation characteristics almost seem like a cross between Es and F2.

Dang...Didn't even think to look at the tv...It's kind of a hassle, as
I have to unhook the cable, etc...The KH6's seemed pretty F layerish.
Real steady for long periods of time. Almost like 10m. Some of the
stateside stuff might have been e layer. MK