Old November 14th 03, 09:44 PM
Dr. Artaud

Hippie wrote in
hlink.net:

To publicize when blacks wrong whites or vice versa only perpetuates
racism. My opinion is it's better to hold people accountable for
their actions without regards to race.

I see, how about the two dragging deaths described in this thread? One a
black man dragged by whites, the other a white man dragged by blacks. If
one is to be considered a (shudder) "hate crime", why isn't the other?
Why aren't all murders "hate crimes"? We have allowed society to create
protected classes, almost ALL at the expense of white Christians. It is a
hate crime to kill a Jew but not a Christian, a hate crime to kill a
Muslim but not a Christian, a hate crime to kill a black but not a white,
etc.

You have spoken the truth, "it's better to hold people accountable for
their actions without regards to race". My only objection on this thought
can be summarized by the following: "All people are equal, only some
people are more equal than others".

I'm sure you'll twist this to suit your needs, but I refer to it in the
sense of accountability, a topic you broached. Blacks simply do not
believe that they (as a race) are to be held accountable for their
actions. As much as I fret over police brutality, being outraged when the
police in N.Y. shot and killed an unarmed black man some 17 times (he
reached for his wallet) but went unpunished, I was also incredulous of
the protestations of the family of a black youth that was shot by the
police here in Pittsburgh. The youth was holed up in a van, the
conclusion of a chase, the event starting with an armed holdup and shots
being fired. The parents felt that the police overreacted, but if the
youth hadn't held up the store at gun point, and had not fired the gun,
he would still be alive today. His actions are directly responsible for
his demise.

I also notice that you neglected to respond to the statistics page? Do
you regard the wanton and torturous murder of 5 white youths as merely
"an issue"?

My my, sanctimony reigns supreme. By the way, in what city and country do
you live?

Dr. Artaud

Look at the real data, http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm

Homicides by race of offender and victim.

The simple fact is that white on black crime is almost nonexistent.
Yet the media neuroses about it and you feel better than everyone
else because you have deluded yourself into believing that you have
taken a unilateral "I'm going to be a limp wrist passivist" stance on
the issue.

Remember, a liberal is really a conservative that hasn't been
victimized yet.

An ignorant white calling a black person, in an unprovoked situation,
a ******, or some such epithet, is not the significant issue, 2 black
brothers (literally) raping and murdering 5 white youths IS. Yet you
care not of those murdered by barbaric blacks, just in eradicating
perceived racism.

Dr. Artuad.

Well Dr. Artuad you certainly appear to have issues with people of the
black race, may I suggest forgiving those whom you hate and then
moving on with your life?

-Hippie.