Old January 19th 05, 01:26 PM

Ian White, G3SEK wrote:
Richard Clark wrote:
On 18 Jan 2005 12:52:16 -0800, wrote:

I wonder how well these work and if anyone has used them?
http://www.hamuniverse.com/slimjim.html

For material taken from that site, the spelling is generally an
indicator of the quality of reporting:
... considerable gain and this is consentrated almost parallel to

ground ...

Leaving aside the spelling, the real nonsense is "considerable gain".

It
looks very like a J-pole, and has a very similar radiation pattern

and
gain.

It is simply a J-Pole, with what the medicos would call "a redundant
prepuce."

:-)

http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek

So it is basically a j pole? I guess it would perform like one? I am
going back and forth and cant decide what to do for two meters. It
looked like a fun project. I j=have some 1/2 inch conduit and thought
about welding it togther like that just to see how it worked. And
installing some stainless steel bolts in the ends to "tune" it.

The problem is figuring out how to mount it. It says it has to be
insulated and at least 20 inches away from metal.