Old June 16th 04, 05:06 PM
Jimmie

Does anyone know how much power these wireless units put out out? When I was
in the airforce we use to estabish a 3 mile data link with only 10mW.
Antennas were 1M parabolic. I still have a couple of these dish antennas
that were chunked when the old equipment was updated. A hilltop to hill top
link would be a fun project. Maybe something interesting to do for field
day.

"Nige" wrote in message
I'm sure this has been asked before on this group, but I can't find it
on my news server. I've got a Wi-Fi 802.11g wireless access point that
I'd like to alter the coverage of.

Has anyone any experience of making 2.4GHz antenna more directional? I
need about 90 degrees, rather than 360. I've seen the "Pringles" DIY
projects, but they are all to produce a beam.

I was thinking of a tin cut in half lengthways, any thoughts?

73 G1NDM (no longer active)

--
Nige

Please replace YYYY with the current year