Old December 2nd 03, 06:54 PM
tommyknocker

ChGeor9 wrote:

'm not sure what is weird about this; RN broadcasts are timed to be at
8pm local time in each time spot

The first broadcast tends to be when people are still coming home from work, at
least here in Dallas. I do not usually listen to the radio until I have had
time to rest and eat dinner. The other broadcast is after I have to go to bed
and get to work. The morning edition is on when many already are leaving for
work.
I think the evening transmission should start either an hour later for the
first eveing transmission or the the other about an hour earlier.
Often I find that I listen to them to practive my Spanish and see how they
cover stories differently than REE or RHC.

I need to do that. I haven't taken a Spanish class for ten years, and I
was thinking of taking Spanish at my local community college to improve
it, but the colleges are suffering under deep budget cuts and I don't
want to take a space that could go to a 19 year old who really needs the
class.

I often like hearing the BBC African Service since they put a spin on stories
different than that aimed at others in the World Service.

What's their times and freqs? I know that I can get several big African
relays during the day.

Charles George