Old June 16th 04, 08:51 PM
Tesoro

"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in message

"Tesoro" wrote in message
. ..
I want to know if there is an antenna that I can attach (somehow) to my
Siemens 2.4 Ghz phone that will extend the range of the handsets?

Basically,
I want to be able to visit neighbours with my cordless handset and still

be
in range. Possible or not?

How far do you want to go? I suspect that putting the high gain antenna on
the base is more practical than on the handset. Of course, your neighbors
might now get free phone service. Also, I don't know where you live, but

all
of this is probably illegal, and the Telephone Gestapo will pull your
toenail out.

I have a Panasonic 900 MHz/2.4GHz phone, and the range is a little over

100
m. The 900 MHz direction works better.

Tam

I just want to visit the neighbours within 50 or 100m of my home. Seems as
though I can't get good reception even 3 houses down (30m?). I was thinking
if it was possible to add an outdoor type antenna to boost the range. I
thought I should be able to go at least a few houses away but I was wrong.
Thanks for your reply...