Old December 5th 03, 08:57 PM
donutbandit

(Brian L. Chaffins) wrote in
:

I'm very interested in getting back into Shortwave again after MANY
years of not. I did some when I was a teenager.

My general question is what would be recommended as a good solid radio
for under $300 in the used market. I'd also like digital readout but
not required if the radio is better for the money.

I've been watching ebay very close for the past week but not sure
which radio brand/model is the best deal. I missed a FRG-7700 that had
a Buy Now of $175. I blinked and it sold.

Sangean 803A/RadioShack DX-440. Very under rated RX. Great BCB DXer with a
loop antenna, too.