Old August 15th 03, 08:00 PM
Dr. Slick

W5DXP wrote in message ...
Dr. Slick wrote:
Your vocabulary is very confusing here, Cecil. "Incident"
usually refers to the forward power, so when you say "incident
reflected" it's extremely confusing.

"Forward power incident upon the load" or "Reflected power
incident upon the source" makes sense to me. Given the
definition of "incident", the reflected power has to
be incident upon something. Simply replace "incident upon"
with "arriving at".

"Forward Incident" a bit redundant in my opinion. "Incident"
usually refers to the power moving towards the load, away from the
generator.

And your previous quote was: "It seems pretty
obvious that not all PA's are Z0-matched so they will always
re-reflect
100% of the incident reflected power."

So here, you don't say where it is "incident" upon, of where it
is arriving at, athough I assume you mean simply the reflected power.

I'm just trying to make your vocabulary less confusing.

Slick