Old December 22nd 03, 11:41 PM
Stinger

Dan,

I agree with the other posters -- the power supply will be the main
thing to cause any interference. Don't forget that you will still have
either (assuming a typical consumer connect) a DSL or cable modem as
additional new equipment. Some of them (even though they're hardwired) can
be noisy. If you're getting cable, have them bring out all their available
modem options.
If you must go wireless, and can find one, consider an 802.11g router.
They're downward compatible with 802.11b, but have much better bandwidth.
No matter what you do with wireless, nothing matches the speed of actual
hardwired ethernet.
Another problem with wireless is that it opens up another avenue network
intrusion, etc. You'll need to lock your network down to guard against
"wardrivers" -- folks that drive around looking for unsecured 802.11
networks for fun and profit.

-- Stinger

"Diverd4777" wrote in message
- All:

- How much will a wireless router interfere with SWR ??

Getting High Speed Internet ( Cheap ! ) in our location;

Have 2 computers,

Installer says " get a Wireless Router"

- How much will a wireless router interfere with SWR ??

( I prefer the " Drill holes in the wall,
- my wife thinks different )

- So, before I haul out the drill, thought I'd ask !

Dan ( Icom R-75, using co-ax lead-in from Antenna)

-